Lean Healthcare 101 is a course designed to teach Lean’s continuous improvement methodology and tools. This full-day energetic event will give participants a hands-on, learn-by-doing experience by applying Lean philosophies and tools in a simulated Emergency Room environment. Students will learn value stream mapping, workplace organization, batch reduction, standardization, pull systems, continuous flow, and more. This training will prepare participants to apply Lean concepts and tools back in their own organizations to ultimately drive out waste and increase efficiency.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to identify and reduce waste quickly and efficiently in any hospital, lab, or clinic
- How to value stream map processes
- How Lean tools can improve patient as well as non-patient care processes
- How to standardize processes as the basis for improvement
- How all the Lean tools interrelate and create a favorable environment
DATE: January 27, 2012.
LOCATION: Auburn, AL.
Lunch will be provided.